Women Fighting AIDS in Kenya (WOFAK) is a national non-governmental organization founded and registered in Kenya in 1994 by a group of women most of whom had tested positive to HIV. WOFAK’S aim is to contribute towards national efforts aimed at prevention and to provide comprehensive care and support to women and children living with and affected by HIV and AIDS to enable them lead more wholesome lives. Today, WOFAK is visible in the Coast, Nyanza, Western, Rift Valley and Nairobi. We are therefore looking for a qualified candidate to fill the below named position within our organization.
Position: FIELD OFFICER
Duty Station: HOMABAY
Closing Date: 23rd AUGUST 2019
Contract Period; 1 year renewable subject to performance
Job Title Field Officer
Reports to Program Coordinator
Direct Reports Field Assistant
Location Homa bay
Job Grade 4
1. Job Summary:
The position is responsible for carrying out implementation of project activities and initiates in assigned area within the community/grass-root level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitation of Project Management Administration
• Implementation of Program and Project Activities
• Management of Financial and Other Resources
• Quality Assurance and Learning
• Provide timely and quality reporting on activities of the project’s implementation as per organization’s schedules and donor regulations and agreements.
• Relationship Management, Networking and Partnerships
• Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management time to time.
2. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
a. Level of Education
b. Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
• Diploma in Project Planning and Management
• Diploma in Counseling and Psychology
• Diploma in Public Relations and Communications
• Counselor [OVC and Couple counseling]
• Trained on management skills of CBOs
• Must be computer literate
c. Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
• Strong writing and presentation skills.
• Good facilitation and training skills.
• Stress management skill
• Good interpersonal skills and team orientation.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
• Strong networking, relationship building and negotiation skills.
• Good understanding of major donors grants management regulations e.g. USAID
• Good communication, report writing and presentation skills
• Understanding of community development issues
• Team player and demonstrates high level of integrity
• Good skills in IT packages and accounting software.
d. Relevant Job Experience
• At least two (2) years’ relevant work experience in direct implementation of project activities
3. Working Conditions
The position may periodically require the job holder to work odd hours when necessary to meet deadlines or respond to specific situations. The job is performed in the community involving frequent field visits.
4. Application Details
Interested candidates should quote the position and reference number above in the subject matter and send their CV and application letter which should
Include current and expected remuneration and contact details of three work-related referees, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Human Resource Department, Women Fighting AIDS in Kenya, P O Box 35168, 00200. (Hard copy applications will not be accepted)
Nairobi do not attach certificates and testimonials at this stage.
• The closing date for submitting applications is FRIDAY,23rd August 2019
• We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• WOFAK is an equal opportunity employer.
• We highly encourage women who meet the above qualifications to apply
• All applications received after the deadline won’t be considered
• At no point does WOFAK ask for money in its recruitment process.